UGC in India was established in 1956. This is a kind of online exam. If you want to work as a professor in a government or private college, then for that you have to give an online exam of UGC NET. Only after passing this exam, you are considered eligible for the post of Professor in a university. It is a computer based online exam. The UGC exam is conducted twice a year.
Its examination was earlier conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE – Central Board of Secondary Education) on behalf of UGC, but since December 2018, its examination is organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA – National Testing Agency) is being done. If you also want to get more information about UGC NET, then in this post you are being given complete information about What is the UGC NET exam?, Full form of UGC and NET, Preparation for UGC NET exam
Full Form Of UGC and NET
UGC is called “University Grants Commission” in Hindi language and it (UGC-University Grants Commission) in English language.
NET is called “National Eligibility Test” in Hindi language and NET – National Eligibility Test in English language.
What is UGC NET Exam
It is a computer based test, which is nationally qualified. The UGC exam is conducted by CBSE or National Testing Agency (NTA). This exam is mainly conducted for the postgraduate students to get a job as professor in the university and get admission in PHD level programs.
Through this examination, the candidate’s teaching profession and research ability is being checked. In this examination, all subjects combined in Masters have been organized. Candidates can prepare for it by choosing the subject as per their wish. Its headquarter is located in Delhi.
Age Criteria for NET Exam
If you want to enter the Junior Research Fellowship exam, then you should be up to the maximum age of 28 years. Apart from this, if you want to take admission in the examination for the post of Assistant Professor, then no age limit has been prescribed.
Educational Qualification for NET Exam
Candidates who want to get admission in this examination should have obtained minimum 55% marks from Masters. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for the reserved category candidates.
Conduct of Exam of NET
UGC NET exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in about 598 cities of the country, this exam is conducted twice a year. Its notification is issued in the months of March and September, and the examination is conducted in the months of June and December.
This exam is conducted in two shifts i.e. shifts, the first shift starts at 9:30 am, and ends at 1:00 pm, the second shift starts at 2:30 pm, 6 pm: ends at 00. UGC NET exam is conducted in two languages Hindi and English. The candidate has to select his/her language while filling the form.
UGC Exam Pattern
Two papers are determined in the NET exam, both these papers are computer based and objective type questions are asked in them. 100 marks are fixed in the first examination, in which 50 questions are asked, 1 hour is given to solve them. The second paper is of 200 marks, in which the candidate has to answer 100 questions. 2 hours have been fixed for this. A total of 150 questions are asked in the NET exam, for which 300 marks and 3 hours have been fixed.
UGC Exam Process
- Issue of notification of UGC exam.
- After that the candidate will have to fill the online application form.
- Issuance of admit card of the candidate by UGC on completion of application.
- Download the admit card and take the exam by reaching the scheduled time and place.
- Issue of answer sheet by UGC during the examination.
- Releasing UGC Exam Result
If the candidate is successful, he can apply for the post of teacher in the university or college, as well as the candidate can also apply in the PhD program.
How to Prepare for UGC NET Exam (Preparation for UGC NET Exam)
While preparing for the NET exam, you must be aware of the syllabus of the subjects you have chosen. You have to understand its syllabus very well because the syllabus is very detailed in it. In this the questions are asked very difficult and very deep, so you must have the right information or else you will not be able to answer it.
- You will need at least 4 to 6 months to prepare better for UGC.
- All the questions asked in the exam are optional, and all the options are very similar, so that the candidate may get confused while answering, so answer the questions with absolute certainty.
- While preparing for the NET exam, you can take help from previous year question papers, for this you can download these question papers from its official website.
- To prepare well for the exam, you should prepare notes. With the help of these notes, you can get a lot of help for revision.
- If you want to prepare well for the NET exam, then you should take help from coaching institutes for this.
- You can use Google or other methods for study related help.
- You should choose those two subjects in which you have good knowledge.
- Pay more attention to speed of preparation quality.